San Diego State University summer courses can help you get ahead in your coursework and stay connected to your professors and the campus over the summer. SDSU is offering hundreds of on-campus courses and more than 160 online courses in three short sessions. Taking just one summer session course can put you on track to graduate on time or leave room in your schedule for a valuable internship, study abroad experience, or participation in a student organization next year.
2019 Summer Session Dates
|Session||Dates||Last Day of Classes||Registration||Schedule Adjustment Deadline|
|Six Week Summer Session 1 (S1)||May 28–July 15||July 8||March 4–June 5||June 5|
|Thirteen Week Summer Session (T1)||May 28–August 21||August 16||March 4–June 7||June 7|
|Six Week Summer Session 2 (S2)||July 9–August 21||August 16||March 4–July 17||July 17|
SDSU is the place to be this summer
- Check your prerequisites off the list during the summer.
- See the student success fee at work. The fee helps SDSU pay the faculty needed for summer courses.
- SDSU courses showcase innovative instructional technology and practices.
- Online courses let you work, travel, and relax while still getting the job done in the (virtual) classroom.
Tuition and Fees and Financial Aid
Visit the Money Matters webpage for more information about summer tuition and fees.
The type and amount of financial aid available for attending summer session depends on your need as determined using the information on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), your summer enrollment, and available funding. If you are eligible for a summer financial aid fee postponement, you will receive a notice on AidLink.
To be considered for summer financial aid you must
- Be a continuing student from the spring semester or a new student who plans to enroll at SDSU for the fall semester.
- File a FAFSA for the 2019-20 year and have an Award Notification from the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
Plan your schedule
- Visit the Academic Advising Center and your major adviser to help you create your summer class schedule.
- Search the full Summer 2019 class schedule.
When can you register?
- Registration starts in March. Head over to the SDSU WebPortal for your registration information starting February 16. If you are a newly admitted student, contact the Office of Admissions regarding your summer registration options.
- Enroll in summer session and have the option to live on campus with flexible leasing options tailored to your needs as a summer student.
- Enjoy an optional meal plan and grab a bite to eat at a variety of nearby eateries on campus at your convenience.
- Applications for summer housing are available. Contact the Office of Housing Administration at [email protected] to be given access to the application. Once you have access, you will be able to apply through your Housing Portal.
- For more information about summer housing options, please refer to the Housing website. Contact SDSU Housing if you have questions.