Leave of Absence
All matriculated students who will not attend SDSU during a fall or spring academic term must be approved to take a leave of absence in order to preserve eligibility for a future term. To access the Leave of Absence request, students must log in to the SDSU WebPortal and select the Leave of Absence link.
You are eligible to file a Leave of Absence Petition if you:
- are an undergraduate who has completed at least one semester at San Diego State University;
- are a graduate student who has completed at least one semester of graduate work at SDSU;
- have not been disqualified (probation status allowed to request leave of absence);
- do not have the following holds:
- E - degree
- D - disqualified
- Q - eligibility
- JB, JR, JT - judicial
- are not currently enrolled in any courses;
- have not exceeded the allowed number of leave of absences (four).