SIMS/R account access is restricted to approved faculty and staff.
- Request access: Complete the Access to SIMS/R form and return it to the Office of the Registrar.
- Use SIMS/R: If you have already obtained an account, you may access the SIMS/R student database via the secure web interface. Use SIMS/R now.
SIMS/R Frequently Asked Questions
SIMS/R screens are designed for display on a screen. However, if you need to print, from the Action menu select Print.
The SIMS/R screens are designed for 800x600 screen resolution. Most newer computer systems are set to higher resolutions (such as 1024x768), which makes the SIMS/R screens look small.
First enter your username, password and database. Enter the screen code and then press F8 (the F8 key is usually the top row of keys on your keyboard). The screen code is the name of the screen you use (e.g. S10, S86). Leave Key 1, Key 2, and Key 3 blank.
You can use your Apple computer as is, or make a small change to the system preferences depending on your own usage and preference.
Apple makes use of the F1, F2, F3, etc. keys by default to handle various system tasks, like adjusting system volume or accessing Expose and Spaces.
When the system is set up this way (which may be more convenient depending on how often you use these settings versus how often you are in SIMS), you can still opt to send a "true" F1, F2, etc. key by pressing the "Fn" key in combination with your desired function key. For example, press "Fn + F8" instead of only F8.
If that is not acceptable, then follow these steps:
- Click the Apple in the top left corner.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Keyboard Applet.
- Place a check box in the section which states: Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys
- Note: Once this option is selected, if you wish to use the special feature normally assigned to the function key, you must press that key in combination with the "Fn" key.
- Click the red circles to close the preference windows.
- You may now run any program, including SIMS, with standard function key inputs.
If you are still having issues using your Apple computer, please contact your department's IT staff.
For technical assistance, contact your department's IT staff.
For access questions, contact the Office of the Registrar staff.