Change/Declare Major

At the time of admission to the university, each undergraduate student is assigned to a pre-major or major field or curriculum, or is designated as an undeclared major. After registration, all students wishing to change their major or curriculum should check with the department of their intended major for requirements and filing periods. The same form and process is used to declare a major or minor, or change your existing major or minor.

Follow these steps to declare or change to a new major:

  1. Select the link below to download the Declaration of Major or Minor form.
  2. Complete your student information and contact the department of the major or minor you wish to declare. The department will advise you of next steps, complete the remaining information, and provide you with a major code.
  3. Upload the completed form through the Office of the Registrar's Contact Us Form.

Upon change or declaration of major, students must adopt the requirements of the major and any minors in effect at that time.

Declaration of Major or Minor form