Change/Declare Major

At the time of admission to the university, each undergraduate student is assigned to a pre-major or major field or curriculum, or is designated as an undeclared major. After registration, all students wishing to change their major or curriculum should check with the department of their intended major for requirements and filing periods. The same form and process is used to declare a major or minor, or change your existing major or minor.

Follow these steps to declare or change to a new major:

  1. Click the link below to download and print the Declaration of Major or Minor form.
  2. Complete your student information and bring the form to the department of the major or minor you wish to declare. The department will fill out the rest of the information and provide you with a major code.
  3. Return the form to the Office of the Registrar in SSW 1641.

If you are declaring a new pre-major, additional review may occur before processing the change of major. If you mail us the form or drop it in our in-box, allow 48 hours for the change to take effect. Upon change or declaration of major, students must adopt the requirements of the major and any minors in effect at that time.

Declaration of Major or Minor form